Experience & Background:
Peter has over fifteen years of experience in the financial services industry. He began his career in 2001 after graduating from Clemson University, where he served as president of Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity from May 1999 to April 2000. Peter worked as an insurance agent for Wealth Alliance Incorporated before obtaining his securities licenses in 2003 (series 6 and 63) and 2004 (series 7). As he gained experience, he desired to do more than just sell financial products to his clients. In 2005, he enrolled in the CFP® Certificate of Financial Planning Education Program, a 9 month program offered by the University of South Carolina. After sitting for the exam in July of 2006, he obtained his CFP® designation on September 28, 2006. From there, Pete's main focus has been providing financial planning to clients through Hobbs Group Advisors, LLC. Pete lives in Columbia with his wife, Mandy, and his two daughters, Anna and Ella. He enjoys spending time with his family, being outdoors, and playing tennis.
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing, Clemson University, 2001
- Certificate of Financial Planning, Moore School of Business at the University of South Carolina, 2006
- Certified Financial Planner Designation(CFP®) #116646
- Series 6 and 7 by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- Series 63 and 66 by the North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA)
- Life, Health, and Accident Insurance License in South Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina, and Florida